There are some simple Feng Shui rules that are worth observing when it comes to Bedroom layout and design. Color plays an important role here too. In this short article, I will give you a brief overview of what makes good Feng Shui for a bedroom.
- This is only a guide as it is extremely difficult to generalize in Authentic Feng Shui. Should you encounter a difficulty, you can Contact Me through the form on this website or call the number below. Of course, the advice supplied on this Web page is not as comprehensive as a visit by an established Feng Shui Consultant.
2. The Location of the Bedroom within the Home following the Feng Shui Rules for the Bedroom.
- The Bedroom should ideally be in a quiet part – away from Busy Main Road or Highway.
- Away from the Busy part of the Home like the Living Room, near the Main Door.
- Preferably on a different floor to the Living Areas.
- The Bedroom should not be top of a garage or above a roadway.
3. The location of the Bed is the most important consideration in the bedroom following the Feng Shui Rules for the Bedroom.
- Just imagine that all the furniture is removed. In front of you is a clear and empty room. You will be able to identify the natural position of the bed in that empty room. All bedrooms have this natural position. Some Bedrooms have more than one natural position. In this position, the bed looks and feel Just Right
- Make sure that the bed is not beneath Windows, Heavy Beams, or Sloping Ceilings.
- Make sure that the Bed is positioned solidly against a wall and not at an angle. It is not recommended that the bed be floating in the bedroom.
- The bed should not be against a wall which has an Alter, Toilet (WC) or Kitchen Stove behind it.
- The Bed does not point to the Door of the Bedroom or the En-suite Bathroom.
- Make sure that the Mirror does not reflect the sleeping body.
- Check that there are no Poison Arrows pointing towards the bed eg: Wall Corners, Edges of Cupboards, Staircases. These Poison Arrows can be covered so as to deflect the Sha Chi.
- The Bed is not to be beneath Shelves, Cupboards or Heavy Picture Frames.
4. Type of Bed.
- The bed has to be Solid with a Firm Mattress. Waterbeds are not recommended unless there is a health reason.
- A Solid Headboard is preferred.
5. Narrowing down of Choice following the Feng Shui Rules for the Bedroom.
- The most important consideration is the Physical Location of the bed so that it complies with the Landscape Part of Form School. This is probably the most important consideration in the implementation of Feng Shui. After a process of elimination, you will probably come down to one or two positions. One or more of the positions may be in your auspicious direction or the only position that the bed is comfortable in the room is not in my auspicious direction. Do not despair! By following the Feng Shui Rules for the Bedroom, you would be able to locate the most suitable position for the room. The bed in this position would, by the Feng Shui Rules for the Bedroom, imply that the quality of your sleep would improve whether or not you are pointing in your Auspicious Direction.
- It is part of Chinese Philosophy, whatever the situation you are in, there is always a remedy to help you through. Secondly, it is extremely difficult to get the ideal Feng Shui Position. A compromise has to be sought. I will be giving some Case Examples in later posts on how to maximize the Benefits of Feng Shui whether or not your bed or sleeping position is pointing to your Auspicious Direction.